Thursday, November 29, 2007

Gob Smacked

I have been quietly plodding away on my RAK for my blog presents as well as a new mini book that i have decided to make especially to take to my interview on monday.. Finally... Mirandas 6th birthday book is almost here. (pictures to come)... Anyway.. i decided that i should probably go and check the mail and tucked behind a pillar of our verandah was a box with my name on it..
The familiar hand writing brough a huge smile to my face immediately.. though it was quickly joined with total confusion as to what could be since i was not expecting anything, had not lent anything that could need returning.. sooooo.. i came out here to my scrap room in search of a craft knife to open all the tape that held the box shut.
Ofcourse, as soon as i opened the box the tears started..I have been spoilt beyond belief by the most thoughtful wonderful generous lady that i have the pleasure of knowing.. and better still, calling my friend.
Inside the box, not only was the most adorable miniture snow globe christmas tree ornament (glass) but a carefully wrapped gift in christmas paper, boxes & little bags. for each day through til christmas. Not because she had to... not because we had planned to do anything like this... simply "just because she thought i may need to polish my unwrapping skills before christmas." The girl has the best ability to blow me away and make me cry... in the best way possible only ofcourse...
I must have done something super special at some point in my life to be blessed with her presence in my life.. honestly.. I can't imagine what.. though I'm so happy that i do.
This was totally unexpected which i think has made it just that much more special. I feel so special... Cathy, you spoil me so much.. a girl seriously could not ask for a more beautiful friend.
Love ya babe.
xxx

4 comments:

Estivalia said...

wow, it looks you've been doing great!! :D I'm sorry I didn't check up before, I'm caught up on final exams here, uugh.

I know the feeling of having something waiting for you at the door... Even more when it comes from a dear friend and unexpected! :D

Miss cath said...

Hope you're enjoying it!

You deserve the special things in life and you enrich my life so much.

miss~nance said...

She's a pretty special person, but then again so are you. You both deserve nice thingsand special surprises

Hugs

Gail

Anonymous said...

oh wow! That is exciting! Way to go girl!

You deserve it. You have worked hard for this.

I know you are going to enjoy it.

love ya lots,